Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Klimt Portraits: 3rd Grade

Third grade also looked at Klimt's work. We concentrated more on his use of patterns. In my example I used my cat (she's cuter than I am when she sleeps).



On the first day, students split a yellow paper into five sections. Each section was filled in with a different pattern. I encouraged students to mimic some of the interesting patterns Klimt used. During this class, I took a picture on my teacher iPad of the students "sleeping." I printed these out for the students to use later.

Students at one school used a patterned paper for the blanket. At my other school, students had to create a patterned blanket. Both methods worked well. I had to remind students to make the blankets LONG; otherwise, it looks like they have no legs!!

Here is what their artworks looked like after piecing them all together! I hope that this is a piece they keep for a long time - they all did so well!







No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird