Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Radial Symmetry: 6th Grade

Sorry about my awful photography on these next projects! I introduced my sixth graders to types of symmetry before tackling this project. To accomplish this project, I pre-cut paper into squares (12x12) and had my students fold them into eighths. I had a box of shapes on the counter for students to start out with. I encouraged students to add their own organic shapes as well.

A lot of students struggled with knowing where things repeated, but most of the students understood after the first day.

Pictured below is my own, unfinished example:


A few of my students are fellow Doctor Who fans!


These students did an EXCELLENT job on their pieces!


A display at one of my elementary schools.


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird