Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Evil Twin: 4th Grade

This project was a lot of fun! I walked students through how to draw a portrait. We drew our faces step-by-step together. Students had to finish in that first class. During my prep, I photocopied each portrait twice. That means each student had their original plus two!

I explained to students that one portrait needed to be colored like how they really look. The other portrait was their evil twin! Students loved coming up with how to make their alter-egos look.

My example:


When both portraits were finished, I had students bring me their two portraits. Using the paper cutter, I chopped the portraits up together into 1-inch strips! Students reassembled their portraits, alternating between good and evil sides. Each student ended up with two portraits!

Here is my finished example! Fun, right?!


No comments:

Post a Comment



blogger template by lovebird